Data Science Instructor
WeCloudData is the leading data science education and career service provider in Canada. Our expert team of data scientists and data engineers specializes in preparing individuals and companies with the tools, knowledge, and insights that will help them advance their skills and careers, take charge of their analytics, and leverage the power of data to solve complex business problems.
We are looking for Data Scientists to teach our full-time and part-time courses:
The instructor provides an enriching learning environment for students by using holistic and career-oriented teaching methods. With the help of teaching assistants, the instructor helps ensure that students are progressing effectively.
Why Join the WeCloudData team:
- Make an impact – Work in a growing, fast-paced company in the exciting field of data science; help build a thriving data science and data engineering community in Toronto, connecting with top talent and thought leaders in the field.
- Rewards – Enjoy competitive compensation with unlimited access to our courses.
- Assistance – WCD provides two teaching assistants for every course to help you carry out your ideas and achieve the best results.
- Exciting projects – Opportunities to get involved in our exciting paid global consulting projects in data science and data engineering.
- Hone your skills – Hone your leadership and presentation skills by leading the instructional team and working with different departments.
- Choose from different courses according to your interests and strengths: Machine Learning, big data, SAS.
- Multiple years of experience in the data science or data engineering industries.
- Eagerness to share your knowledge and insights and to enjoy a sense of accomplishment while helping students conquer their obstacles throughout the learning process.
- Demonstrate expertise in either of the following fields:
- o SQL, Python libraries, including numpy, scipy, pandas, and sci-kit learn.
- o Machine Learning algorithms such as naïve bayes, SVMs, decision trees, KNN, and K-means clustering.
- o Data Engineering: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Hbase, and AWS or Google cloud.
- o Data Visualization: Tableau, Python matplotlib, and D3.js.
- Nice to have: Previous data science or engineering teaching experience.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop a curriculum with teaching assistants and a course development team, and refine that curriculum through regular feedback.
- Twelve weeks of part-time teaching or one to two weeks of full-time teaching; provide students with prompt feedback on their progress.
- Facilitate a dynamic and engaging classroom community.
- Focus on students’ engagement and inspire students to persevere through the challenges of leaning.
- Attend WCD’s meetup regularly to share use cases, projects, and insights in career development in data science and data engineering.