WeCloudData is the leading data science education and career service provider in Canada. Our expert team of data scientists and data engineers specializes in preparing individuals and companies with the tools, knowledge, and insights that will help them advance their skills and careers, take charge of their analytics, and leverage the power of data to solve complex business problems.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants to assist our instructors in full-time and part-time courses:
The teaching assistant provides an enriching learning environment for students by communicating with students constantly to understand their study progress. By serving as a bridge between instructor and students, the teaching assistant helps students solve problems throughout the study process, improve engagement, and provide feedback to the instructor to regularly refine the course materials.
Why Join the WeCloudData team:
- Grow by teaching – Deepen your skills by breaking down the steps, observing critical points, and demonstrating your understanding of the field. Hone your leadership and presentation skills by working with the instructional team and different departments.
- Network – Connect with top talents and thought leaders; help build a thriving data science and data engineering community in Toronto.
- Rewards – Enjoy competitive compensation and a huge discount on our courses.
- Exciting projects – Opportunities to get involved in our exciting paid global consulting projects in data science and data engineering.
- Choose from different courses according to your interests and strengths: Machine Learning, Big Data, SAS.
- Eager to share your knowledge and insights, and enjoy a sense of accomplishment while helping students conquer their obstacles throughout the learning process.
- Passionate about the data science and big data field.
- Demonstrate strengths in either of the following fields:
- o SQL, Python libraries, including numpy, scipy, pandas, and sci-kit learn.
- o Machine Learning algorithms such as naïve bayes, SVMs, decision trees, KNN, and K-means clustering.
- o Data Engineering: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Hbase, and AWS or Google cloud.
- o Data Visualization: Tableau, Python matplotlib, and D3.js.
- Outstanding communication skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop course materials such as assignments, projects, and documentation with instructors and the course development team.
- Help with the students’ onboarding experience; prepare students with incoming courses.
- Facilitate a dynamic and engaging classroom community.
- Focusing on students’ engagement and inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning.
- Attend WCD’s meetup regularly to connect with group members and share with them your mission and teaching philosophy in data science and data engineering.